Monday, June 15, 2015

Phase 2> departure

Today is departure day for our trip.  The kids have said good bye to their besties.  It's funny how little you understand as a child.  Both girls are talking about how much they already miss their friends, even though they don't see them every summer.  I don't think they understand how special this is.  I asked Isabelle what she wanted to do when we finished getting our campsite put together and she said sleep.  For me it's been 22 years since I've been on a trip anything like this.  If that trend continues, the next time I'll go, I'll be 65 years old and may not have the health to hike, climb and bike...I need to take advantage of every minute of this trip.  As I think about it, it's important to make the most out of every day as we don't get any do overs.  We'll be posting stories at google.com+daniellaun and I'll also be posting pictures on instagram at dslaun.

No comments:

Post a Comment